So you’ve just undergone a professional teeth whitening treatment, or maybe you are deciding whether to have one? Although teeth whitening in Coffs Harbour is a common and safe undertaking, a question that many patients ask is: “How do I keep my teeth bright after this procedure?”
Tips For Keeping a Bright Smile
Deciding to have professional teeth whitening may transform your smile. Brighter teeth may boost confidence, self-esteem or prompt you to pay more attention to your oral health. Although a teeth whitening procedure is temporary, here are some tips to help the effects last even longer:
- Regular brushing, flossing and use of mouthwash
- Asking your dentist to recommend an effective, safe teeth-whitening toothpaste
- If you consume any foods or drinks that generally stain teeth, consider consuming less while staying on top of your oral health.
- Using a straw for acidic drinks
- Establish routine checkups with your dentist for teeth cleanings and advice on how to keep your teeth looking fantastic!
At Arthur Street Dental, we do our best to deliver personalised, high-quality results to our patients when it comes to whitening their teeth and maintaining the effects of the procedure.
Things to Avoid After a Teeth Whitening Procedure
Professional teeth whitening serves as a temporary cosmetic enhancement and is not a shortcut to avoid upkeep with oral hygiene. We urge our patients to avoid or completely stop smoking (if applicable) and to drink less coffee or red wine. If our patients stay diligent post-whitening, they can increase the time between whitening procedures through avoidance of tooth stains.
Do you have more questions about our teeth whitening procedure? If so, you are more than welcome to contact our practice for more details on teeth whitening or any other cosmetic procedures that may be of interest!