Protecting your health and ours is our top priority. In order for us to do that, we are undertaking some protocols to ensure everyone's safety during these unprecedented times. Due to ongoing risks of infection of Covid 19, we are continuing to screen all patients prior to scheduling and attending your Dental appointment.
We will call you 48hrs prior to your appointment to check that you're not experiencing any of the following Covid 19 symptoms:
- Sore throat
- Fever, temperature
- Shortness of breath
For anyone experiencing any of the above symptoms, we will need to reschedule your appointment to a later date.
Once an appointment has been scheduled, the practice protocol for your appointment is that we kindly request that you wait outside the practice (maintaining social distance) so we can check you temperature. Once this is completed, we request all patients to sanitise their hands.
Once seated in the dental chair, patients will be asked to complete a pre- procedural rinse with a mouthwash solution (1% food grade hydrogen peroxide, with savacol for taste) for approx. 1 minute.
We may request for an appointment reschedule should any patient fail to comply with any of the above protocol.
Please be rest assured we are following all protocols as directed by our governing body the ADA (Aust Dental Assoc) and will continue to provide the highest quality standards in our Dentistry and infection control protocols.
Infection controls measures we carry out for your safety:
- Patient screening prior to scheduling appointments as well as screening once arrived for appointment
- Good hand hygiene (effective hand washing), consistent with the National Hand Hygiene initiative from Hand Hygiene Australia (HHA).
- The use of personal protection equipment such as gloves, masks, eye protection for staff and patients
- Safe handling and disposing of contaminated waste and sharps
- Effective cleaning of the treatment room before and after patient care, and the practice in general.
- Placement of environmental barriers such as plastic coverings, on the eftpos machine (changed after each patient), benches and chairs decontaminated in between patients.
- The use of “no-touch” techniques before and during treatment.
- Steam sterilisation (autoclaving) of instruments, and the accompanying testing, monitoring and maintenance of equipment to ensure it always functions correctly.
- Single-use items (for items difficult to decontaminate)
- Maintenance of clean water lines
- Utilisation of handpieces with anti-retraction valves to reduce the risk of transmission of pathogenic organisms
- Specific decontamination protocols related to specialised equipment
We will notify you any changes as they develop regarding this situation. If you have any questions or concerns, we invite you to contact us on 02 66521677. We will be happy to provide you with any further information you require.
We look forward to seeing you soon!